Friday, March 9, 2012

Sony FanBoys, you gotta admit the 360 does deserve some credit?

Hey this is just a Pre-note:

I'm not looking for any trouble here , i am simply just stating what's on my mind. I'm not going to say this console is better because it can blah blah im just saying looking back the 360 is as bad as many of you fan boys say it is. This discussion is mostly based around Blu - Ray



Here I go...



Something I read all the time



" Ps3 can play blu-ray movies, Xbox 3shitty can't. Blu-ray is da bomb"





Believe it or not most people who play video games don't care so much about being able to watch videos on their console ( i.e the wii ). It may be a PLUS but it's never really a deciding factor because most people have dvd players already.



So if people don't care about being able to watch regular DVD's on their console why should they care about Blu ray movies? They cost more money any ways. It is the exact same movie just with a few added features which I'm not sure if the majority is dying for..If i'm not mistaken Blu ray goes up to 1080P right?



From my knowledge, when it comes to movie watching on Xbox 360 you can just get a Netflix account for about $10 a month, and *rent* as many movies as you want. I think they are coming up with Instant 1080P video streaming this year for 360 so that's a plus for any movie fanatics. I personally would pay $10 a month to watch as many movies as I wanted in a month, instantly. I'm not sure If it's going to be like Youtube where sometimes you watch a movie and it's really choppy ( buffering). They might be able to surpass that because I know that on IGN ( I think) when I was watching E3 there was some sort of video player, you first downloaded some soft ware and you could watch continually without any buffering. I was actually surprised and wondered why I never saw this any where else. Bandwith *may* be an issue, and it *may* not be an issue.



The only plus I see with the Ps3 on this is owning the movie. How ever let's use 17Again as an example. The blue ray disc cost $29.99 at Best Buy. Great you watch it you get to keep it, maybe watch it again? ( i personally don't like watching movies twice) Now for $10 a month you could watch the same movie in the same 1080P viewing as many times as you wanted , and OTHER movies...all for $10 a month. If I wanted to watch Batman: Dark Knight , 17 Again, SipderMan 3, and Wall-E on BD it would cost me $60. ( let's say at $15 each even) Or I can just watch all of them, maybe not own the physical disc, but watch all of them for $10.Theres a $50 price difference, I personally wouldn't pay $50 more just to own movies on disc.



I hope you see what I'm saying. And you can do this on ALL 360 models out there right now. Yes, even the $199 Arcade models.



Now im not bashing any console here, im saying 360 deserves *some* credit.



Now in regards to games i can see why blu ray is a plus because of the 50GB storage games like MGS4 have great reviews from what i've read. Let's clap for the Ps3 here. Xbox 360 uses Dvd9 which holds up to 9GB. We can already see that Blu Ray can hold 5 times more then DVD. You would think this is an edge for Ps3 games right now and that they're would be more AAA games right now for the Ps3 because I mean you can do so much more with 50GB then you can do with 9GB. How ever the 360 also puts up a fight, and has more A,AA, and AAA then Ps3 ( but that includes Arcade games for 360 and PSN games for Ps3) Most of the time multi-platform games performed better on the 360 then on the Ps3.. I thought it would be the other way around.



A video i found of youtube says that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6HyGkImZ鈥?/a> He is a fanboy though but he is stating factual stuff.



I think Ps3 has good games don't get me wrong but when I see a power house like the Ps3 and then the xbox 360 and what It can do for what it has, you gotta give it *some credit*



I think the Ps3 does get an A+ for features, though some I think are stupid. ( I hear you can hook up a printer to your ps3...)



What are your views on this? Hopefully you can understand what I typed..I was sort of bored too so some stuff might not make sense..



Hopefully upcoming games are not let downs. Many Ps3 users say Killzone 2 was HIGHLY over-rated. The Ps3 is almost 3 years old now. The Ps3 really needs to shine by the end of this year and Q1/Q2 next year to really give it that big BOOM because as for now it actually ties ( or lacks) against some of the competition..













I guess im done.



what are you views for this? Best answer ( well written, factual, answer, with strong points) gets 11 points from me. Every one else with a decent answer can get a thumbs up :PSony FanBoys, you gotta admit the 360 does deserve some credit?
I'm glad people like you exist on the website.





Yes I agree people are so over persuaded by blu ray player so much, it is a gaming console is it not? Games should be the top priority





and Yes you made another great point, While the exclusives of the ps3 are simply amazing, their are not enough to make it more worthwhile than the 360, it seems that sony seems to distribute all of their work on improving multiple things (blu ray, psp, games , internet, playstation home) by doing this in the end they all end up flawed, (home was a disaster, the internet browser is pretty buggy, the psp is not doing very well and the ps3 is lacking in games) while Microsoft focuses on gaming, but doing so sacrifices their multimediawhich is not that good.



Also while still on the game Subject, Ps3 is losing A LOT of exclusive franchises to the 360, They could of made Gta 4 exclusive, they would of made A LOT of money, final fantasy 13, and the metal gear solid series, also the 360 gets other exclusive content (like the lost and dammed) which is pretty much a slap at Sony. and don't forget third party games, while the 360 games are superior because of the very difficult processor used on the ps3 to develop games, that's why they come out very buggy and glitch, although they problems are fixed in down loadable updates, in fact some people don't even make games for the ps3, they just port the 360 versions, keep in mind this is only for third party games



Sony let the mass succession of the ps1 and ps2 get to their heads The CEO of activision threatened to stop making games for the ps3 unless they make a price cut but all they did was insult them, you Do NOT insult activision, All game developers admit that the ps3's processor is a mess, that's why some games come later after the 360 (bioshock) or some developers quit the ps3 entirely (valve).





This also explain why some ps3 users decide to flame the 360, because it shows how insecure they are of their own console, they paid almost 700$ at launch, and to see the cheaper 360 to be currently doing better than the ps3 in both sales and Games, they are not happy.





Sony really needs to step up to their game, if they want to stay a real threat to microsoft.



also on a humorous note. I think it is funny when Sony fan boys say "Microsoft Sucks" that is very hypocritical because they need to see what operating system their computer is using.





I am going to leave with a quote By Gabe Newell, the Co-founder of Valve, one of the most famous Gaming companies in the world.



""The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It's really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted". He continued "I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a Do Over. Just say, 'This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it'""





This is what all third party developers are thinking, but they just do not want to say it...
both consoles are good.Sony FanBoys, you gotta admit the 360 does deserve some credit?
I think and will alway think 360 is better. i will edit my answer for long i'll just eat wait.
dude excellent question good thinking man i much do preffer the 360 but still just excellent question much praise lolSony FanBoys, you gotta admit the 360 does deserve some credit?
I do give 360 credit. I'm overall a "Gamer" but when it comes to the console wars, I have to side with Playstation.



I do know the differences and got to give Microsoft the credit for making Live.



Still you gotta think about it, the 360 fanboys always bring up **** which makes me mad like "we have better online games, PS3 has no games lulz." I really do not get how they have better "online" games. We basically have the same games but if they were talking about features, then at the moment, yes they do have it better. But in the coming feature, it will be the same with Firmware 3.0.
The PS3 has built in internet browser, And this is a pretty heavily used feature at least on me and my friends parts. and the reason most of the games that are multi-platform run better on 360 is because they were made for the 360 then converted over to the PS3 not vice-versa. And regarding the movies you can rent movies straight from the PSN store or buy them 1080p btw renting and buying. Yes you can hook a printer up to your PS3 its pretty stupid IMO. And the PS3 should start "booming" this year or next with multiple big hit releases on the way such as God of War 3(the real GOW), Wolfenstein(remake, Releases august 18th), Uncharted 2(release, October 13, 2009), M.A.G(Massive Action Game, Fall 09, 256 player in one game etc etc), Heavy Rain(Spring 010), The Last Guardian(Sometime 010), FFXIV(010), and a lot more!
Im glad their is a 360 no competition dulls the market and it creates alot of upgrades to make our systems better otherwise PS3 is da bomb and xbox 3shitty is shitty

but I somewhat concur.
Well, who said that you have to buy a Blu - Ray movie? You can rent it at Blockbuster which is the same price as renting a DVD.



As a matter of fact, The PS3 is the BEST Blu Ray Player, because it is FirmWare upgradable. All other Blu Ray Players have the same FirmWare and they stay that way. This means your PS3 Blu Ray Player will always be up to date.
  • mass effect 2 armors
  • burger shop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment